Read the story below at your level. Then, study the key words and phrases. Later, use them in your conversations and writing this week.
Confidence is a big challenge for many young people. It is also hard for people in new jobs or new situations. You have to work hard to build confidence but it isn’t very complex. To start, look at what you can do now get some small wins. Then, do bigger challenges. If you can’t do something yet, that’s all right. You’re going to learn it.
For example, making a website might look really hard. So, start reading about website builders. When you are ready, try making a practice site. You’ll make mistakes but you will also gain experience and learn a lot. That will give you the confidence you need.
Flesch-Kinkead – Grade 3
challenge – a difficult thing that usually has a reward
– I like finishing puzzles. They are nice challenges.
– This puzzle is very challenging. I love it.
situation – the place and condition you are in (often negative)
– I’m so busy. I worked thirty hours of overtime. I hope this situation ends soon.
– We have a situation at the office. Someone stole a company computer.
gain – get more of something
– I study hard to gain good language skills.
– Oh no. I gained ten kilos.