Read the story below at your level. Then, study the key words and phrases. Later, use them in your conversations and writing this week.
You need money to live. Benefits like insurance are important too. Some companies give out free coffee and snacks in the office. They are called perks. This is to make people happy. Maybe free things don’t sound important. I think they are. They show the company cares about a good mood and they care about the staff.
Flesch-Kinkead – Grade: 3
benefit – a payment or gift from an employer or government
– My job has great benefits like health insurance.
– Everyone should enjoy the benefits of national parks.
perk – money, items, or benefits you get for being a member of a group
– Free coffee is the best perk in my office.
– This job has a lot of perks like discounts.
mood – the feeling in a place; the atmosphere
– My boss was angry so, the mood in the office was bad today.
– I love that restaurant. They have a good atmosphere.